Study abroad is at the Faculty of International Relations an integral part of study, both at bachelor and master level. Wide variaty of partner universities along with high number of outgoing students create a unique position within Czech educational system. Faculty supports outgoing students organizationally, as well as financially.
Majority of all semesters abroad is based on the exchange system. Its idea is an exchange of students between partner universities. When e.g. University of Economics, Prague sends 5 of its students to Copenhagen Business School, the partner institution in Copenhagen sends 5 students to Prague.
There are two ways of financing:
- Through Erasmus+ funds (students get scholarship from the EU) – exchange program within Europe
- Through the Scholarship fund of VŠE (students get scholarship from the University) – exchange program outside of Europe
You acquire unique experience You meet new people and make friends You will be exposed to new academic styles You get to know new cultures You improve your language and personal skills You dramatically enhance your employability
Why should you study abroad?
You acquire unique experience
You meet new people and make friends
You will be exposed to new academic styles
You get to know new cultures
You improve your language and personal skills
You dramatically enhance your employability
Ready to go? Pay attention to these details
Number of credits
The minimum amount of credits to be registered at the partner institution is 24 ECTS, recommende then 30 ECTS. Do not take more than one language course. All courses must be linked to your study program.
Who should I contact before I leave?
There are two contact persons:
- Assigned study coordinator at the International Office (for all issues except for Learning Agreement)
- Vice-Dean for International Relations, Ing. Radek Čajka, Ph.D. (for Learning Agreement)
Who should I contact when I get back?
All obtained credits will be recognized at VŠE. For that purpose contact the Vice-Dean for Academic Affairs, doc. Ing. Pavel Hnát, Ph.D.
Do I receive a scholarship?
VŠE offers the following financial support:
- in case of European countries, the amount is dependent on overall price level of the host country and can be 330, 450 or 510 EUR per month,
- in case of Switzerland the amount is 420 CHF per month, and
- in case of overseas countries or Russia the amount is 10,000 CZK per month + 10,000 CZK as one-time contribution for air-ticket purchase.
Additional financial support is provided by the faculty for students at overseas countries or Russia as follows:
- 15,000 CZK if during the previous academic year the student gained at least 40 ECTS with the GPA of 1.50 at most,
- 10,000 CZK if the GPA was higher than 1.50.
What is free mover program?
Students going abroad on individual basis (free mover program), can receive a financial support from the Faculty. Following conditions must be fulfilled:
- Your chosen university abroad can’t be a VSE Partner University.
- Only Master´s degree students can apply.
- Your GPA (Grade Point Average) at the moment of application for the scholarship must be maximum 2.20. The GPA is calculated from all grades a student earned in Bachelor as well as in Master studies. Those students, who finished the Bachelor´s degree at different university than VSE have to submit the Bachelor Diploma Supplement.
- You can´t receive the scholarship if your chosen university is situated in the country of which you are citizen, or where you are permanent resident.
- Your free mover semester abroad can last 1 semester only.
- The period of study abroad will be entirely recognized by your home university (you should complete at least 24 ECTS).
Financial support provided by the Faculty is 10,000 CZK per month. Your application for the scholarship and your study abroad course plan (choice of courses) must be supported by your program’s academic director and the Vice-Dean for International Relations.
Where can I find more information?
The webpage you are looking for is International Office. Click on the link below.