Department of International Economic Relations
Head of Department: doc. Ing. Martina Jiránková, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretariat: Vladislava Černá (email@example.com)
The department focuses on teaching and research on various aspects of the world economy. The study of phenomena, their causes, and consequences make it possible to search for theoretical and practical approaches to solve both global and regional problems. Our staff concentrates its activities on several issues:
- relations in the world economy from the view of international and political economics,
- the issue of growth and development,
- a comparison of different economic systems,
- new economic geography and determinants of the allocation of economic activity,
- technology and innovations,
- global supply chains,
- the European integration process from the view of international and political economics,
- coordination of economic policies in the EU,
- competitiveness of the EU in the world economy.
Pedagogy is a crucial part of our activity. The department offers subjects for bachelor and master programs (International Trade, International Business, International Relations, Tourism) in which students obtain knowledge of the open-economy macroeconomics and its microeconomic foundations, as well as its application in the real world. Key subjects within this are International Economics, World Economy, International Trade, Investment and Innovations and Geography of World Economy and Comparative Economics.
We conduct basic and applied research in the same field.
Webpage of the department: kmev.vse.cz/english.