FIR students placed 3rd in international tourism competition
In November, there was organised an international competition called Student Market Study Competition focused on tourism and hotel management. FIR was represented by students attending class 2CR402 Hotel management: Jan Rutrle, Veronika Tichá, Uliana Bazalytska, Tereza Buzková and Alina Koliuka. They have attended the competition for the first time and gained beautiful 3rd place!
“We were statistically analysing hotel industry in an assigned town based on received data. Our team had to deal with the case study of Roman market. There were teams from Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia and Lithuania present,” comments tourism student Jan Rutrle, member of the FIR team.
The organiser of the competition was “SHARE Center” of the company STR that provides market data about the hotel industry worldwide. The competition was held online via the Zoom platform.
What was the role division within the team?
- Introduction + General makeup of the market: Veronika Tichá
- Current Statistics and Trended data + Conclusion and summary: Jan Rutrle
- Market breakdowns: Alina Koliuka
- Comparable markets: Tereza Buzková
- Pipeline report + types of business: Uliana Bazalytska